Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Poll Results – 2/16/2010

Here are the results of the ‘support Obama poll’:

Poll0215

And here are your comments:

From Jo on February 14, 2010 at 1:24 pm

 

Since I am a Canadian and not qualified to make a comment, I will say that since Obama is your President, you folks should support him on all issues, as long as he is your President. You voted for him, now he needs your support. Isn't that how it is supposed to work? If you don't like his issues, then you vote for someone else you can support.

I don't like the man personally, I think he was all blunderbuss and no fire, and I think for the most part he has let you down, but while he is still in office, you folks need to support him. You guys hired him for the job.

 

From Oso on February 12, 2010 at 11:47 pm

 

Supporting Obama means supporting Wall Street's financial policy,UHC's health care policy and George Bush's foreign policy. He can crawl up Lloyd Blankfein's ass to make his next speech.

 

From Gwendolyn H. Barry on February 7, 2010 at 4:17 pm.  

 

Overall, TC, I still support my President... but I watch closely now. Ya know what I mean?

 

From Lisa G. on February 1, 2010 at 3:43 pm

 

I'm going with most issues. I don't want to blindly say all issues without evaluating them first.

 

From chris williams in reply to Lisa G. on February 5, 2010 at 6:19 pm.

 

I think that most white people, want obama to fell. so they can blame it on the black man. his on party is his biggest problem. white people ganging up to protest a black man is not a new idea. only difference they dogs and clan members in white.

 

From Vigilante on February 1, 2010 at 10:02 am.

 

I find myself in easy agreement with BHO on most issues. But there are glaring exceptions: Afghanistan being a major one.

 

From Kevin on January 31, 2010 at 4:58 pm.  

 

I think that Obama needs the most support when faced with obstructionist actions undertaken by the GOP and their conservative misinformation machine. The Democrats lack an adequate structure to respond to the GOP garbage and will end up losing to the hordes of ignorant tea party sheep.

 

From Otis on January 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm.  

 

I think that the only way to truly evaluate any politician is on an issue by issue basis.

When I put this up, it was a trick question, intended to make a point.  In my opinion, a patriot supports whatever is the best policy for the country regardless of the source from which that policy arises.  The only way that this can be done is to base support on an issue by issue basis.

Overall, I find myself supporting more of Obama’s policies than I oppose.  Overall, I find myself opposing virtually all GOP policies.  I think most of us agree on that.  However, when we believe that Obama is wrong about an issue, isn’t it our patriotic duty to oppose him on that issue, even though we support him overall?

Kudos to Otis.  You nailed it, my friend.

17 comments:

the walking man said...

yes sir i support you on the issue that we should support the administration on an issue by issue basis, Good issue you have presented for this poll.

Jack Jodell said...

I voted in the largest group and I guess that's where I still stand.

Holte Ender said...

I voted to support him on an issue to issue basis. But when it comes down to it on a straight yea or nay, I support him, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Mike said...

The United States is a democracy, not a cult. The leader is Pres. Barack Obama, not Rev. Sung Myung Moon. Support the leader accordingly.

Unknown said...

To evaluate any politician on an issue by issue basis -- Otis

Sensible thing to do, really. But there comes a time when you have to evaluate the overall performance of the politician without going through the itemisation of whatever they've done. And I guess short of stacking up the good against the bad, we all come up with a general perception of the man at some point.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Not that my "vote" would count but I would support Obama on most issues until he does something that's brazenly bad.

Unknown said...

This is because I think he's basically a good or honest guy and far from being an idiot (unlike our PM Brown.)

Jo said...

Tom, I'm waiting for you to do a post on Utah Republican Senator Buttars wanting to do away with grade 12...! Egads!

JUDI M. said...

Another good one, Tom! I feel US citizens should support the president on an issue-by-issue basis. They wouldn't have elected him in the first place if he didn't put forth ideas they were in favor of, anyway. But not follow blindly (ala Tea Bag Party). We have to give our input--it's OUR country, not the lobbyists. Oh, and I put an update on my blog JO re: the elimination of 12th grade in Utah. Go Pres. Obama!

TomCat said...

Thanks, Mark.

Lisa, you trained him so well that I would even consider letting him use my kitty box.

I figured you would, Jack.

Holte, I think I understand. I support him in general, but the poll was specifically about issues.

Well said, Stimpson.

Anna, I think I understand. He gets more respect in Europe than he does here.

Josie, on the plus side, that gets them to college a year earlier, and in college, they can learn how to read. ;-)

Right on Judi. I'm glad you covered that.

Leigh Russell said...

Living in the UK, I can't really comment on Obama's policies. But it seems fair enough to support him on an issue by issue basis. He is the president, but individuals have the right to their own views. It's important individuals don't surrender responsibility for their opinions to anyone else, but think for themselves.

Beekeepers Apprentice said...

I saw that poll somewhere...forgot to vote. I only forget to vote online! I swear!

I'm in that "case by case basis" bucket, myself. Most I'll end up agreeing with, but I try to at least look at it case by case.

TomCat said...

Welcome, Leigh! Sure you can. I used to have a wonderful graphic of GW Bush leading around a poodle with Tony Blair's head. :-) I fully agree with your reasoning.

LOL, Bee!! Congrats on being visitor number 37,000!

Unknown said...

Hey, cool! What'd I win? Let me guess...lifetime supply of Potted Meat! :)

Beekeepers Apprentice said...

That's what I get for forgetting to switch my google ID's...

that was me, about the potted meat... :)

TomCat said...

Welcome Tammy. Nope, you won the privilege of changing your name to Bee.

Hi Bee. Nope, you won the privilege of changing your name to Tammy.