Saturday, February 13, 2010

GOP Sweetheart - 2/13/2010: Gregory Girard

If ever there were a GOP poster boy, he’s it.

gregory-girard The Massachusetts man charged this week with stockpiling weapons after saying he feared an imminent "Armageddon" appears to have been active in the Tea Party movement, and saw Sarah Palin, who he said is on a "righteous 'Mission from God,'" as the only figure capable of averting the destruction of society.

As we reported yesterday, Gregory Girard, a Manchester technology consultant, was found with a stash of military grade weapons, explosive devices including tear gas and pepper ball canisters, camouflage clothing, knives, handcuffs, bulletproof vests and helmets, and night vision goggles, say police. They believe Girard, who pleaded not guilty at his arraignment, was "preparing for domestic and political turmoil," and feared martial law would soon be imposed.

Girard's wife said her husband had recently told her: "Don't talk to people, shoot them instead," and "it's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it."… [emphasis added]

Inserted from <TPM>

Only a true GOP Sweetheart could believe so much of what he saw on Faux Noise.


Lisa G. said...

I have all this stuff too. Hell, I have my loaded 12 gauge right next to me; I keep the Uzi by the door. Unfortunately, I have to keep the ground to air rocket launchers in the basement, because they won't fit in the garage and I don't want the kids taking down a C130 that's flying to the Naval base nearby. It's bad enough when they took out the neighbor's house last year with the grenade launcher; that cost me a pretty penny, but they were cool about it 'cause they got a brand new house. I think they're just picking on people exercising their 2nd amendment rights. And I ALWAYS shoot first and ask questions later, even if it's the girl scouts bringing my cookies. Doesn't everyone?

TOM said...

It's nothing new for these wing nuts to build their bomb shelters and pack them with bazookas and water, or whatever, but the talk about them coming out of their shelters and taking the offense to their paranoia, is scary.

NascarMom5574 said...

What people are paranoid of may only have a 1-2% chance of happening (where you need to stock dried goods, or have a bomb shelter) These may not be the result of a manmade situation, but even one of natural disaster. But to put things in perspective, we tell our children not to talk to strangers, not because 98-99% of them are harmless, its because of the other 1-2%. We put our seatbelt on not because 99%+ our drive will go without incident, its because we worry about the other 1%. We dont check our childrens candy on halloween because 99.9% of the time it will all be safe, we check because we worry about the other .1%. Preparing for the unexpected, and protecting ourselves from the unexpected is not done because danger is imminent, it is done because danger is possible

TomCat said...

You seem overloaded, Lisa. I make do with just a few small howitzers. ;-)

I understand, Tom. When Bush was pResident, even I thought there might come a time when taking to the hills was the only option. But based as he was, there were no gun toters carrying Revolution signs at his events.

Welcome, Nascar Mom. But this guy's stash went well beyond mere precaution. How do yo justify his statements to his wife about shooting people instead of talking to them? Was that a precaution too?