Friday, February 12, 2010

Open Thread: 2/12/2010

Yesterday I fell even further behind.  By the time I returned home from pulmonary boot camp, I felt pooped and went to bed.  So, I’ve gone two days in a row without replying to comment or visiting blogs.  I shall, at least, reply to all comments today and visiting blogs tomorrow.

Today’s Jig Zone puzzle took me 4:04.  To do it, Click Here.  How did you do?

Short takes:

Has the Nevada Leg Hound grown a pair?  If you remember, the Senate Finance Committee’s health care bill was so bad, I named it BARF (Baucus against a real fix.)  Now I’m naming the Senate Finance Committee’s jobs bill BARF2.  Almost immediately after release, Harry Reid scrapped it, because it was loaded with GOP giveaways, including tax cuts for big corporations and even an extension of the heinous PATRIOT Act’s most undemocratic provisions.

Bill Clinton is recovering well after surgery, in which he received two stents in a coronary artery.  I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

The five largest health insurance companies earned record profits in 2009 by dropping 2.7 million clients and denying them coverage.

Here’s your cartoon:

TGIF!!

2 comments:

otis said...

3:34 on the puzzle today.

Harry Reid found a spine? Did a Republican drop one and Harry pick it up? I know one didn't come from the Jellyfish party...

TomCat said...

You slaughtered me! Harry must have gotten into the Kool-Aid.