Monday, February 15, 2010

Open Thread – 2/15/2010

Yesterday I finally caught up completely on replies and visits.  Hopefully, I won’t be as swamped in March as I am this month.  My dinner for my disabled neighbor went well.  I served steak, homemade noodles and cheese, Caesar salad, pie, and dark chocolate.  Kindness to those who can’t do for themselves feels good.  I also ate better than I probably would have had I been cooking just for me.  I have some errands to run either today or tomorrow, so we’ll see how the day works out.

Today’s Jig Zone puzzle took me 3:56.  To do it, Click Here.  How did you do?

Today’s Short Takes

Lizard Cheney claims that holding civilian trials rather than military tribunals following the WTC bombing in 1993 is the cause of the 9/11/2001 attack.  She is ignoring the infamous ‘OK, you’ve covered your butt’ memo.  I find her claim ludicrous, because we have no evidence that AQ had begun to plan the 9/11 attack in1993.  Not only is the torture she craves ineffectual, but also, how could her intended victims reveal what they did not even know?

Congrats to our Canadian friends!  Yesterday Alex Bilodeau won the gold medal in moguls, Canada’s first gold medal ever won on their home soil.

Yesterday Oregon celebrated our 151st birthday.

Here’s your cartoon:

OGIM!!

No comments: