Monday, February 8, 2010

Open Thread – 2/8/2010

Yesterday I caught up on comments early and planned to visit blogs before the Super Bowl, until blindsided by the news of the death of a very close friend.  I hope to do better today.

The Saints beat the Colts 31-17.  The game was much closer that the score makes it appear.  It was an excellent game which I enjoyed as much as possible under the circumstances.  The New Orleans fans may stop celebrating in time for Mardi Gras, but I doubt it.  I’m pleased with the outcome.  That city had needed a break ever since Bush and the GOP, through their gross negligence, stood by while the city drowned.

Today’s Jig Zone puzzle took me 4:05.  To do it, Click Here.  How did you do?

Here’s your cartoon:

OGIM!

2 comments:

Lisa G. said...

So sorry to hear of the death of your friend. If you need to talk to someone, pm me and I'd be glad to talk with you about. I haven't (luckily) lost a close friend in a while, but I remember that pain.

TomCat said...

Thanks Lisa. I'm handling it. Honoring him was the best way I could deal with the grief, and I do believe that I shall see him again.