Sunday, February 7, 2010

In Loving Memory: Brother Tim O’Donnell

I am most saddened to report the passing of a dear friend, an authentic Christian, a true brother, a fine man.

Brother Tim

I just copied the following from his blog, Blog of Revelation:

O'Donnell, Timothy J.60, son of the

late Edward and Laleeta O'Donnell

died on February 1, 2010

at his home in St. Louis, MO.

Best friend and loving husband of

Hallie O'Donnell; loving father of

Michelle (Frank) Mancuso, Bridget

(Tim) Olson, Maghen (Greg) Ellingson

and Amy O'Donnell; dear grandfather

of Sean, Brooklyn, Justin and Keaghen;

brother of Kevin O'Donnell; best friend of

Pushkin and Sadie (dogs), Moose and

Jose (ferrets), Big Daddy and Jippy (turtles)

and Jake the bird.

God bless  his family and friends.

I hope that you will visit there and leave condolences for his family.

13 comments:

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

I'm so sorry TC, and to the O'Donnell family, my condolences.

I have thought about this before, what if I died would my husband tell you all?

We're like a big, loving, extended family here in blogland, I don't want to see any of you leave!

I did not know Tim but I feel the pain of his death. I'm really sorry..

Oso said...

He had a keen political grasp.His writings showed that. He also had the true Christian love that not a lot of us have, at least speaking from my own occasional intolerance with those who disagree with me.Maybe more than occasional.

I know Brother Tim is with Him now. I hope to see Tim up there some day, me in my Dodger hat and him in his Jesus is My Boss hat.
But I hope that day is a long way off.

billie said...

the reality of it hasn't quite soaked in yet. he was a true friend and an advocate for the less fortunate. he was one of only a few folks who call themselves christian to actually live what they believe. i am going to miss him terribly.

jmsjoin said...

Hi Billie! Tom I am still nonplussed. I called Hallie but left a message. He was a damn good man!

TomCat said...

Thanks everyone. Though we never talked on the phone, we exchanged email for several years. I'm sorry I did not do better on this post, but I had to fight through the tears, just to get it up at all. The world became a colder place with his passing.

Jim, when you talk to Hallie, forward my deepest condolences, please.

Holte Ender said...

I came across Brother Tim on a few blogs, he had a very savvy take on politics, he will be missed. Condolences to his family.

Dave Dubya said...

This loss really hurts. Tim was one of the rare persons you could say the world would be a far better place if more were like him.

Unknown said...

Saying a prayer, sending Light to his Light.

Jerilyn said...

I'm very sorry for your loss

TomCat said...

Thank yoo Holte, Dave, Gwen and Jeri.

To keep him in our memory, I have posted his picture in the sidebar here.

Billie Greenwood said...

I'm so glad you did this.

TomCat said...

Billie, I only wish I could do more, but honoring him helps me deal with the grief.