Sunday, January 3, 2010

Poll Results 1/3/2009

Here are the results of our most recent poll:

Poll0102

And here are tour comments:

From Lisa G. on December 31, 2009 at 11:18 am

 

I voted to force my religion on others. That is the religion of Lisa, which includes (but not excluded to): not making my bed, not going to church, being spiritual when I want to be, folding laundry in mass quantities, hoarding food (I have a food OCD that my husband has named 'Bob'), not wearing panty hose, sweat pants are my holy garments, not balancing my checkbook (even though I'm a CPA), not filing my taxes on time and filing them at least twice (just to piss off the IRS), making mass quantities of soup (at least 16 GALLONS at time), bitter, biting sarcasm, and right the to change my mind at any time.

 

From Marva on December 30, 2009 at 5:05 pm

 

I'm resolved to unsubscribe from every DNC email begging for money. Where possible, I'll tell them exactly why. They are not doing what we elected them to do. They're being wimps and are letting the Reps and Dinos rule the world. I'm sick of it, and I will not vote for any of them that voted contrary to the campaign promises Obama made and has failed to keep.

I'm re-registering as an Independent even if I don't get to vote in primaries.

 

From Gwendolyn H. Barry on December 29, 2009 at 11:49 am

 

Mine isn't a resolution TC... it's just a choice to try and see things from the positive perspective before any other perspective so I might enjoy lower blood pressure and provide a better influence on the younger folks surrounding me. You know? I've been so danged 'shoot off' with all the outstanding news of the last year... I'd rather use a more meditational stance, we'll see how far I get? Eh? Happy New Year Dude! Glad to share the blogosphere with you! You do such a fine job! :-) ghb

There was no winner here.  I voted to quit smoking, as I am weaning myself off tobacco using electronic cigarettes at my doctor’s suggestion.  I also voted to lose weight, continuing an effort averaging about 1 – 2 pounds a month for several years.  I also voted to take progressive action, also a continuation of a long term effort.  And I voted to give up abstinence.  That abstinence can really mess up a fellow’s life. ;-)

Do you care to discuss how you voted?

The new poll allows multiple answers also.  It has an interesting twist.

2 comments:

Lisa G. said...

TC - you should try Chantix - it binds to the nicotine receptors in the brain, reducing the cravings. ALWAYS take it with food though, otherwise you'll yack. I was doing pretty well on it for a while, but I had to stop because puking when my back hurts is not my favorite thing. But, I am going to give it another go this year. I have to stop, before I wind up with COPD. Talk to your doctor about it; it really does help. I was down to about 5 a day (vs a pack a day), before I had to stop. Shoulda just quit then and used the old rubber band trick, but I'm a wuss.

TomCat said...

Lisa, I consider it but opted against, because of its psychogenic side effects. I have a history of depression, and although I have managed it for years now without resorting to medication, I cannot risk a drug interaction that might set it off. Thanks for caring.