Saturday, January 9, 2010

Open Thread – 1/9/2010

Yesterday I stayed caught up, and would have visited all the blogs on my blogroll, but a small disaster struck.  My TV set, just two weeks out of warranty, shorted out and fried its electronics.  First, I decided not to recommend Toshiba TVs.  Second, I scrambled to buy a new TV and get it delivered yesterday, because to be without a TV on a high holy day for the First Church of the Ellipsoid Orb is an unforgiveable sin.  I bought a 32” Sony.  It dominates my tiny room.  The picture quality is so far superior to the Toshiba, that I’m almost glad it happened.  Today, I’ll try to do some visiting, but I’ll be in deep religious meditation from midday on, contemplating Bengals, Jets, Cowboys and Eagles.

Today’s Jig Zone puzzle took me 4:51.  To do it, Click Here.  How did you do?

Here’s your cartoon:

What’s up for the weekend?

3 comments:

otis said...

4:28 on the puzzle, however, for full disclosure, I did it once, got distracted by doing a few others and didn't record my first time. So, I am not accepting a 'win' for it.

And Sony's are nice, I avoid them because I heard their customer service sucks. However, the Sharp TVs are SHARP. We love Lisa's. The Planet Earth series looked beautiful on it on HD (No, a HD DVD player. No, not like Blu-Ray, more like BetaMax. :)).

Oh, and for the cartoon, just cut off the liquor and start the 'infants fly free' program. There isn't a terrorist stupid enough to get on that flight with about 100+ adults LOOKING for someone to kill with their bare hands.

Lisa G. said...

Or make every flight like the ones to Orlando - the ratio of kids to adults is like 5 to 1. I could have used a Valium and some ear plugs for that one, but I was travelling with my own contingent of brats (my 2, 18 mos and 3 years, plus my friend's 4 year old) - everyone looking at me going through O'Hare thought I was either crazy or they gave me a look of extreme pity. They all lived.

TomCat said...

Well, Otis, I mught as well get used to the idea that there's a new puzzle king in town. I only have had one occasion to contact their customer service. They were fast to answer and explained what i needed to know.

LOL Lisa. Didn't you know the turbans are for ear plugging? Those guys are smart! ;-)