Monday, January 18, 2010

Poll Results – 1/18/2010

Here are the results of the latest poll:

Poll0117

And here are your comments:

From teabag this! on January 11, 2010 at 9:39 am.

 

poll should have included racist Democrat politicians like Harry Reid and Bill "bring me my coffee" Clinton

 

From Jo on January 9, 2010 at 8:51 pm

 

Torture is not acceptable at any time, to anyone, or by anyone. Unless of course the form of torture is locking someone in a room with CDs of Susan Boyle playing over ... and over ... and over ...

 

From Anon Paranoid on January 7, 2010 at 5:12 pm.

 

I'm against torture, however having said that I say waterboard all republicans, teabaggers, American Christian Taliban Terrorists and the whole previous administration with extra waterboarding for them.

After all according to Republicans as voiced by Dick Heinrich Himmler Cheney's terrorist daughter Liz, waterboarding is not torture so waterboard her at least 6 times during a twenty four hour period.

Oh, I almost forgot Sean Hannity the coward who said he would be waterboarded for our troops and turned to show us the yellow streak down his back, waterboard him 6 times a day for a week then ask him if he was tortured.

God Bless.

 

From Linda on January 6 on January 6, 2010 at 3:35 pm.

 

I am not for torture of anyone, anywhere anytime. Today's governmetal decisions are at best disturbing. On January 1, 2009, any adult receiving over $248.00 per month in medicaid benefits is reportedly ineligible for medicaid insurance coverage according to the a worker that approves medicaid coverage for adults. Now, follow that decision up with "Everyone will purchase insurance or risk being fined", and I have a COMMON SENSE QUESTION. Is is a prerequisite that the people who serve themselves, excuse me, us in Washington must sign an affidavit that they do not possess one shred of COMMON SENSE prior to running for the Senate or Congress. Additionally, IS ANYONE BUT ME TIRED OF THE DEMOCRAT/REPUBLICAN GULF!! After all, I am an AMERICAN, not a republican or a democrat. HANG THE PARTIES- WHERE IS JUSTICE, HONESTY, AND EQUALITY FOR ALL IN OUR NATION.

clip_image001

From Otis on January 4, 2010 at 7:46 pm

 

I voted 'Other' since I couldn't have multiple choices.

I think that GOP Leg., teabaggers, FOX news commentators, the annoying evangelicals, and anyone else that condoned, approved, and/or encouraged torture are first on the list.

I will include Wall Street CEOs on principle.

 

From Grung_e_Gene on January 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm

 

Torture is not acceptable.

 

From Annette on January 3, 2010 at 9:33 am

 

I voted nobody, because I believe we have to take the high road and stand on our convictions and our patriotism. If we lower ourselves to the standard of the idiot republican's then we are no better than they are.

 

From TWM on January 3, 2010 at 6:08 am

 

Torture Wall Street CEO's with a 75% tax on any earnings above $400,000 no matter where in the world they say they earned it :-D

.

 

From Kevin Kelley on January 3, 2010 at 12:55 am

 

I had selected other before I had realized that there was an option for nobody, but regardless, I would have to say that although there are numerous groups that I believe could benefit from a good torture, such as the tea party protesters, or those who rile them up, like Glenn Beck, I would have to take the high road and not torture any of them.

While they may feel it is okay to violate basic human rights for the benefit of their comfort level, I have principles and despite not being religious, I feel I have a spirituality that the religious right claim they have...

Even Pope John Paul II forgave his attempted assassin. While I am not saying any person should be absolved of their sins, I do believe it is important to not be distracted by the temporary.

 

From Lisa G. on January 2, 2010 at 7:01 pm

 

I voted for GOP Legislators - because they think it's ok to do to everyone else. Why should we reserve all that fun for Gitmo or other prisoners? Let's spread a little of that around. Besides, they're not doing anything in the Congress anyway but obstructing decent legislation so they have plenty of time on their hands. I'll throw the DINOs in there as well, because they are essentially useless as well. They can even invite their benefactors (Big Oil, Big Pharma, Ins. Cos., Military Contractors/MIC, and anyone else. We'll hold it at that Supermax prison where they're gonna put the Gitmo prisoners. It'll be like a big, fun party. Water-boarding for everyone. Bush and Cheney get to go first though.  ;-)

Nobody was the clear winner here.  A few had fun with this, voting and commenting tongue-in-cheek, but all kidding aside, there is only one right answer.  It is never acceptable to torture.

3 comments:

Cellophane Queen said...

Yeah, yeah, TC. We all know that.

However, is it torture if somebody has publically gone on record that certain "treatments" are not torture? Could we take them at their word?

The better question would be: "What type of torture, if any, would you personally be willing to inflict on such and such group?"

Worded that way, the poll wouldn't get a single yes to torture.

otis said...

I don't know about that, Marva. I would love to pour a bucket of water over the face of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Joe Lieberman, Lloyd Blankfien, Jamie Dimon, Pat Robertson, W., Chaney, I could go on. There is plenty to go around.
I would also say that I would have little issue with slamming them against a false wall with them wearing a neck brace on a leash.
I would not cry at seeing Rush's fat ass waist deep in ice in a 'stress position'.
You think Glenn Beck is crazy now? Lets lace his food with caffine and turn the lights on and off at odd intervals so that he can't sleep even close to properly. A little sleep deprivation can be entertaining for an already crazy person.
Let's see how 'close to God' old Pat is after a couple weeks in solitary. Maybe we can do odd feeding schedules and stuff so that he loses all track of time. Oh, and the loud dripping water in the next cell.
So, I would say that I am probably the single person that would say, "Yeah, I can do that." I know what it is, how it works, and what it can do. Too well.

Hey, I would be "preventing the next financial crisis" or "determining the truth about our National Security".

The school of thought seems that if I have a "sound reason" its ok.

I kid, and I do not approve of these tactics as they are ineffective, cruel, and more damaging to our National Security than Osama Bin Laden could ever hope to be. I will say this, however, what is the alternative? Federal prison where they could be in solitary, beaten to death with bare hands or a blunt instrument, repeatedly raped by larger inmates, or maybe just abused by the guards? See, our justice system is an old hand at torture. It sucks, no matter how you cut it.

I have to admit, though, I may not do it for weeks or months on end, but I don't know how bad I would feel to do some of those things to the people that wanted, or justified, it the most just once, or twice... I never claimed to be better than them, just for the record.

TomCat said...

Marva, I have to admit that I fervently hoped Hannity would accept Olbermann's challenge. My purpose here was to remind us all that we need to be better than those whom we oppose.

LOL, Otis. Has Lisa been waterboarding you? I don't claim to be better, either, but we have a duty to be so.