Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Monthly Report – 12/1/2009

Politics Plus returned to the Internet on September 5 as a brand new blog.  Our first three months show a steady increase in activity after a great start..  As of Midnight we have had 17,872 visitors.  Last month, we had 7,212 visitors, up 651 from October, an increase of 10%.  We also has 8,632 page views, up 617 from October, an increase of  8%.  This averages to 240/288 visits/views per day, up 28/19 from October.  I’m quite pleased.  After an amazing start in September and a surge ahead in October, we made steady progress.  Here’s a graph of visits and views.

vv 

Here’s a graph of how long people are staying while they’re here.  It covers only the last five hundred visitors.

 length11-09

And here is our most recent ClustrMap, showing our readers from all over the world:

 ClustrMap11-09

Our 11,000th through 17,000th visitors, respectively, were RJ, Josie, Ivan, Sue, Mark, Reality Zone and Punky Penny.  You’ll find a special section in our sidebar honoring them and linking to their blogs.

Technorati is not being kind to us.  We still have a Technorati Authority of 1, which means they do not see the hundreds of links we have.  Although I ping their server with every post, they have not updated us since the day they recognized we exist.  I guess fixing that will have to be my next project.  We need Authority of 100 to be on the B list again.  So please keep linking the articles you like here to your facebook pages, stumble upon pages, etc.  When you see material you like here, the operative commandment is: “Thou shalt steal!!”  Please do link back though.  Hat-tips are much appreciated.

I use the terms “we” and “our” while referring to Politics Plus, since this is a one-person blog.  I assure you, I’m not doing so in the royal sense.  My Kingship ends with my kitty box.  The we in Politics Plus includes you.  Without your readership and comments, this blog would be pointless.  Whatever success this blog does and will enjoy is because of you, so please congratulate yourself.  Thank you all for another fantastic month.

7 comments:

Kentucky Rain said...

Well congratulations TC. Those are some impressive numbers. I have always said that the number of visitors is not always reflected in the number of comments and this data affirms my belief. Keep up the great work!

Mike said...

All those "points of light" (sorry, couldn't resist) from outside North America are certainly good to see. Your blog is being read far and wide, my friend. Congrats.

Holte Ender said...

Amazing number for just 3 months, write it and they will come.

Oso said...

congratulations TomCat,I trust your readership will continue to grow.I always enjoy and learn from your posts.
Thanks

TomCat said...

Thanks, guys. May I suggest that your comments add to the interest immeasurably.

Unknown said...

Well this is one hellva month at sea! Congrats mucho TC!

**you deserve it!**

TomCat said...

Thanks, Gwen.