Saturday, December 19, 2009

McConJob Lied for LIEberman

Yesterday I posted video of Franken shutting down Traitor Joe.  Immediately afterwards McConJob, vame to his defense.  Displaying the normal GOP aversion to honesty, McConJob lied his head off.

McConJob_Busted Yesterday, Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), acting on the orders of the Senate leadership, refused to grant Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) “an additional moment” to continue speaking on the Senate floor after his 10 minutes expired. Franken’s objection caused Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) to groan about how Franken’s move was unprofessional, unprecedented, and disrespectful:

McCAIN: I’ve been around here 20-some years. First time I’ve ever seen a member denied an extra minute or two to finish his remarks. … I just haven’t seen it before myself. And I don’t like it. And I think it harms the comity of the Senate not to allow one of our members at least a minute. I’m sure that time is urgent here, but I doubt that it would be that urgent.

Unfortunately, McCain’s memory is suffering. In fact, McCain has engaged in the very same behavior that he was criticizing Franken for yesterday.

On October 10, 2002 — just ahead of the looming mid-term elections — the Senate rushed a debate on a war authorization giving President Bush the power to use force against Iraq. The resolution ultimately passed the Senate after midnight on an early Friday morning by a vote of 77-23.

During the course of the frenzied floor debate, then-Sen. Mark Dayton (D-MN) spoke in favor of an amendment offered by Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) that would have restricted Bush’s constitutional powers to wage war against Iraq. After a minute and a half, Dayton ran out of time, prompting this exchange:

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator’s time has expired.

Mr. DAYTON. I ask for unanimous consent that I have 30 seconds more to finish my remarks.

Mr. McCAIN. I object.

Byrd stepped in to grant Dayton time to finish his remarks. But just moments later, Byrd asked for more time to speak for himself. Again, McCain objected, prompting Byrd to chide him for doing so… [emphasis original]

Inserted from <Think Progress>

The next time you want to complain about Obama, remember that this could have been elected.  Worse yet, he could have been elected and died.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Good bust TC!
This guy is such a blow hole!

TomCat said...

Thanks, Gwen!

Right on, Lisa. Wouldn't it be ironic if he were to be defeated in the Republican primary?

Lisa G. said...

Yeah, I would laugh my ass off on that one. But he's not up until 2012. I'm sending the vicious bunny after him. He won't even hear him coming. Maybe he'll get rabies or something worse.

Unknown said...

Lisa G.'s irony made me LMAO for far too long... I hope to read her most often! LOL

Lisa G. said...

And on the comment yesterday about Vitter taking all the diapers. Here are my thoughts on that:

Damn that Vitter for raiding the Republican diaper supply once again. I wasn't going to go out today, but I'll make an exception in this case and get some Depends. What do you think - large or extra large? They are extra large assholes, so I'm going with extra large and I'll get some tacks to put on the inside. Those should be nice an comfy.

I'm a little cranky today - perhaps I need a nap. Before there is a headline associated with me.

"Suburban housewife goes to the Penis Mecca (aka, Bass Pro Shop), buys an AK47 and as much ammo as she can carry. Takes a flight to DC."

"It's going to take us a week to clean up this mess in the Senate chambers!" said President Obama's spokesperson.

Yeah, I think I need a nap.

TomCat said...

Lisa, when you say, maybe he'll get rabies, you raised a genuine concern. You better get that bunny vaccinated against rabies and all manner of foul disease, because you never know what the bunny might catch from LIEberman.

Gwen, don't laugh it off. It might be useful. ;-)

Lisa, instead of Depends, how about two VERY large corks, one for each end? Sleep well.

libhom said...

Lisa: I thought Lieberbush was the vicious bunny.