You’re not going to believe this. I ran across this Newsmax article that shocked me to my core. I will not link to that vile propaganda mill, but if you want to read it yourself, follow the hat-tip to find a link there. In fairness, I have to say that the author said he wasn’t personally “advocating” this position, but presenting it for consideration. Now, if you believe that, please contact me about purchasing a bridge and an alpine ski resort in Kansas. Here’s the meat of the article.
- Officers swear to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” Unlike enlisted personnel, they do not swear to “obey the orders of the president of the United States.”
- Top military officers can see the Constitution they are sworn to defend being trampled as American institutions and enterprises are nationalized.
- They can see that Americans are increasingly alarmed that this nation, under President Barack Obama, may not even be recognizable as America by the 2012 election, in which he will surely seek continuation in office.
- They can see that the economy — ravaged by deficits, taxes, unemployment, and impending inflation — is financially reliant on foreign lender governments.
- They can see this president waging undeclared war on the intelligence community, without whose rigorous and independent functions the armed services are rendered blind in an ever-more hostile world overseas and at home.
- They can see the dismantling of defenses against missiles targeted at this nation by avowed enemies, even as America’s troop strength is allowed to sag.
- They can see the horror of major warfare erupting simultaneously in two, and possibly three, far-flung theaters before America can react in time.
- They can see the nation’s safety and their own military establishments and honor placed in jeopardy as never before.
So, if you are one of those observant military professionals, what do you do?
Wait until this president bungles into losing the war in Afghanistan, and Pakistan’s arsenal of nuclear bombs falls into the hands of militant Islam?
Wait until Israel is forced to launch air strikes on Iran’s nuclear-bomb plants, and the Middle East explodes, destabilizing or subjugating the Free World?...
What we have here is a call for this author, hiding behind the claim not to officially “advocate” it, is a call for the military to overthrow the government of the United States. This is what is going on behind the civility of GOP Senators. These are the depths to which the party of Lincoln has fallen. How do you spell T-R-E-A-S-O-N?