Saturday, February 27, 2010

Open Thread – 2/27/2010

Yesterday I did manage to get caught up replying to comments.  I spent the rest of the day working on website design for my nonprofit.  Today, I’ll just have to see what the day brings.

Jig Zone Puzzle:

It took me 4:06.  To do it, click here.  How did you do?

Short Takes:

Here's an idea. Democrats should agree to not to use reconciliation in return for Republicans agreeing not to use the filibuster. Since both are political tactics occasioned by arcane Senate rules, it's a fair trade.?  Fat chance, huh?

Gov. David A. Paterson ended his campaign for election on Friday amid crumbling support from his party and an uproar over his administration’s intervention in a domestic violence case involving a close aide.  While I cannot comment on his guilt or innocence, I consider his resignation a plus.

The average income reported by the 400 highest-earning U.S. households grew to almost $345 million in 2007, up 31 percent from a year earlier, Internal Revenue Service statistics show.  That shows that in 2007, the GOP’s only successful program, No Millionaire Left Behind, was working just as they intended.

Plus Humor:

The boys from Red State Update weigh in on the health care summit.

 

Cartoon:

What’s up for your weekend?

No comments: